Monday, January 10, 2011

the WORST daily question ever!

So lately I have been struggling with every wife's, mother's, or hungry person's daily question...

(don, don, don)

The question that haunts my days, the one that even when you ask it to people that live with you they respond with an "I don't know?", which leaves you still trying to find an answer to this horrible, never leaving the presence of my life, question...

When this simple question is given a response, and there somehow happens to an edible answer, even if it is "Meatloaf", will make the person living with this daily question SO HAPPY!!!

So the question I ask is, "WHAT'S FOR DINNER?"

Everyday I eat and I am a bit of a picky eater but in the end I will make whatever I am told and will eat whatever I make. But I am fresh out of ideas, fresh out of simple yet satisfying meals to make.

So I ask my few and mostly family member readers to answer this question for me... Please try not to give me a meal that will take more than 45 minutes to an hour to prepare and make, please try to keep Stephen and I from getting fat, and please keep in mind that I am simple and when I see large words in a recipe like "worchestire" I run....

I thank everyone who comments or calls or even gets a kick about this life's question. I thank Rachel Ray and Martha for making a meal look so easy but its not the making part, it's the deciding what to make part that is so very difficult...

4 comments:

Jami & James said...

meg! I found this website mealsmatter.org it has great recipes and you can pick your search from 6 ingredients and under to dinner in 15 minutes. It's awesome. It's what I use. You can also plan your weekly meals and it will put together a shopping list for you. EASY!

Wendy said...

Wish I could help, but I think you get the hating "what's for Dinner question" for me! Sorry. Still hate that question, but it is way better with Cameron home.

Meghan Elms said...

Thanks Jami, I just bookmarked the site on my compy and my phone!!! Miss you tons!

Karen said...

hahaha!! Oh my goodness this made me laugh SO hard! I totally agree. I like the recipe http://allrecipes.com/ IT has some good ones and it can send you daily emails with ideas. We need to get together!

Colored Rays Background